Polish Society of Surgical Oncology (PSSO)
(Polskie Towarzystwo Chirurgii Onkologicznej)
The Polish Society of Surgical Oncology was founded in 1994 as an independent society for oncological surgeons. Currently it is the leading professional scientific surgical association in Poland, with over 500 acting Members and many more supporting.
The main areas of activities of the Society include:
- sharing knowledge between members through the annual PSSO Congress, workshops, courses and via the society’s official journal – Nowotwory Journal of Oncology, which – starting from 2016 will be published in English (www.nowotwory.viamedica.pl);
- provision of Scientific Awards to encourage both PSSO members and non-members to engage actively in surgical research in the field of oncology;
- promoting scientific research among young surgeons and organising the annual Young Scientists Session;
- development of partnerships with relevant national and international organisations, among others: Polish Oncological Society, Polish Society of Clinical Oncology, European Society of Surgical Oncology, European Organisation for Cancer Research and
Treatment and numerous other;
- provision of educational travel grants for oncological surgeons from Central and Eastern Europe;
- initiating clinical research, e.g. PSSO-01 trial in colorectal cancer;
If you are interested in the activities of the Polish Society of Surgical Oncology, please visit our website or contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
President: Józef Kładny
Society website: www.ptcho.org.pl
Secretariat of the Polish Society of Surgical Oncology
Editors' Cancer Journal of Oncology "
Cancer Centre - Institute
st. WK Roentgen 5
tel 22 546 20 22, fax 22 643 93 80
ESSO liaison person: Wojciech Polkowski
Joined ESSO in 2011