EYSAC Research Fellowship
The ESSO Young Surgeons and Alumni Club (EYSAC) grants each year a standard research fellowship of 2.000€ for a training period of 1-3 months to support a young colleague who wishes to expand his/her research experience in surgical oncology.
The aim is to:
- Provide training in clinical research in renowned cancer centres
- Support efforts to expand professional networks through collaboration with institutions of excellence
- Provide the necessary support to develop surgical oncology research projects
The following applies to this fellowship:
- The trainee period should occur within one year following the deadline for application
- The fellowship position must not be salaried
- The fellowship must take place in a country other than the applicant's current place of training (European candidates may choose to visit European or non-European institutes while non-European candidates must choose to visit a European unit).
- The successfull candidate will be expected to write a report about his/her experience and provide a testimonial and pictures for publication on the ESSO website within 3 months of return from the fellowship. He will also be invited to make a presentation in the next ESSO congress.
- Previous fellowship recipients will be ineligible to apply for a second award
Who can apply?
• be a specialist, trainee or junior doctor with a declared intention of specialising in a sub-specialty of surgical oncology
• be members of the ESSO Young Surgeons Alumni Club
• be younger than 40 years of age or be in a training grade
How to apply?
Application must include
- a completed curriculum vitae application form
- a motivation letter describing the applicant’s area of interest, research plan and reasons behind the visit
- a letter of recommendation from their Head of Department
- a letter of invitation from the Head of the Department they wish to visit
Applicants must return all above documents to the ESSO Secretariat in a single pdf document. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
When to apply?
Deadline for application is already open. Please submit your application by 31st October 2017. The name of the selected candidate will be confirmed end of November.
Please click here to access the host hospitals, institutions and cancer centers registry.
In 2015, the EYSAC research fellowship was granted to Leonardo Solaini (IT), who visited the Academic Medical Center, Dept of Surgery, Amsterdam, NL. You can read his experience here.
Before applying, please ensure you have already uploaded your CV to your profile.