ESSO Course on Peritoneal Surface Malignancy
12-14 October, 2017 - Open
A comprehensive workshop on peritoneal surface malignany addressing current treatments for specific tumour groups and future challenges for developing services in different healthcare settings.
The course will focus on delivering evidence-based clinical practice and achieving quality assured outcomes for patients undergoing abdominal and pelvic cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy.
- Neoplasia of the appendix: pathology, diagnosis and clinical pathways
- Peritoneal surface malignancies: outcomers for colorectal, ovarian, gastric cancers and mesothelioma
- Surgical techniques: tips and tricks to achieve complete cytoreduction
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy: why, what, who and how
- Setting up a service: challenges and opportunities
- Transmission of life surgery
- MDT case sessions
- Plenary lectures
- Teams of surgeons, oncologists and nurse specialists involved in treating peritoneal malignancy
- Surgeons and oncologists considering starting a program