ESSO Advanced Course on Upper GI Robotic Surgical Oncology
26-27 November, 2017 - Open
Venue: Hamburg (DE)
Aim of the course
This advanced course will allow surgeons with experience in pancreatic and esophageal surgery to improve their skills by implementing the robotic technique.
Participants should be already familiar with the robotic system and should have previous experience with robotic surgery. There will be room for one-to-one discussions with the experts.
During the hands on sessions participants will be able to perform robotic pancreatectomies and esophagectomies on cadavers.
- The latest generation of DaVinci robotic system will be used by the participants for practice on cadavers:
- Hands on sessions on robotic pancreatectomy (distal pancreatectomy, dissection for Whipple procedure) on cadavers
- Hands on sessions on robotic esophagectomy (thoracic dissection)
- Video-based discussion sessions with Q&A
- Lectures with interactive discussions between participants and faculty members
Surgeons with previous experience in the use of DaVinci robot willing to improve their skills in the field of robotic esophageal and pancreatic surgery. Participants should indicate their focus of interest in either esophageal or pancreatic surgery.