ESO-ESSO-ESTRO Multidicisplinary Course on Oncology for Medical Students
28 Aug, 2017 - 08 Sep, 2017 - Closed
Jointly organised by ESO (European School of Oncology), ESSO (European Society of Surgical Oncology) and ESTRO (European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology), the key goal of this course is to encourage medical students to specialize in an oncology related discipline. Previous editions organized since 2005 got very positive and enthusiastic feedback from the students who had spent two weeks over summer with experienced teachers to receive theoretical and practical training in cancer care.
The multidisciplinary course in oncology will provide insight into all aspects of oncology with both theoretical and practical sessions. The programme incorporates plenary sessions, case study presentations, daily special visits to various oncology departments and group course projects that must be finalized and presented at the end of the course.
The course has been designed for European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System Credits (ECTS).
• The course is offered to medical students who have completed their fourth year of studies at the time of the course.
• Participation will be limited to 24 students who will be selected through a competitive application process
By the end of the course participants should:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of oncology
- Have an understanding of the complexity and importance of the multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatment
- Prepare a specific topic related to the theoretical and/or practical sessions and present it to plenary audience
The course lasts ten working days and covers all aspects of oncology.
- Theoretical plenary sessions of maximum 2 hours
- Case presentations
- Daily two-hour practical sessions in small groups (labs, ward visits, etc)
- Preparation in small working groups of a presentation on a specific topic under the supervision of a teacher.
The last day will be devoted to the project presentations delivered by the students
Students are requested to bring their laptops to the course
The official language is English - students must be fluent in English
ESSO - European Society of Surgical Oncology
Tel.: +32 2 775 02 43 – E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is closed